Thursday, September 11, 2008

New to My Brand New Blog






Hey all! This is my first entry in this new blog, and I want to start off by introducing myself and letting you folks know a little bit about myself. My name is Steve, and I'm into the music business. I'm a student at the State University of New York, College at Oneonta pursuing a degree in Music Industry. I've held student positions at Eyeball Records, Mercury Records, and Live Nation.

Ok, now that introductions are out of the way, you may be considering why I'm writing a blog? I have three main reasons for starting a blog, I'm bored, opinionated, and broke. A friend of mine is a teleivison enthusiast and started a blog which can be found at www.tvtimewitpess.blogspot.com which motivated to begin writing about my own passion.

You might wonder what kinds of things I'm going to be writing about. Is this another music blog to find out about new bands? The short answer is, no. I will focusing my writing on my take on current events going on the music business. I will discuss issues pertinent to artists, and I will also review an artist or CD from time to time if I really want to let the world know about something I dig. I will probably also throw in some anecdotes from my several years of industry experience.

The most important thing I can warn anyone reading my writing is that I'm 20 years old, illegal downloading become a big deal when I was 11 years old. I've come of age during a different time period in the music business then most of the professionals who currently hold jobs. That being said, these experiences are what inform my opinions, so my views will skew less to, "Oh my God, we're doomed", then, to "How can we be smart to take advantage of this opportunity."

I welcome discussion about ideas and opinions, and I hope you enjoy the blog.

No comments: